Search This Blog

Monday, February 07, 2011

What am I trying to prove?

As I get older, I am starting to re-evaluate who I am trying to prove things to and why. I spent the better half of Monday morning looking at how to improve my hair. Now I usually don't complain about my hair. But, since my hubby likes longer hair, and I have an issue with trying to grow it out, I thought I would look into hair extensions. Expensive! Even at a beauty school. So, that idea is out the window.

But it got me thinking on why I would even consider spending the time and the money on something that is fake. It is to make my husband happy? I don't think spending over $300 dollars on just fake hair would make him happy, even if the end result would be something he would like. Was it to make me happy? Probably not, it would have ended up being a hassle. To compete with someone? Ahhh, now there could be the reason. I see beautiful women with long, flowing hair. I want to be like that. Girls with long hair are more attractive, right? I mean, most of the women in fashion or entertainment have long, lush locks.

So, to have long hair is to be beautiful. Right? Well, no. Thank the Lord that long hair is not what defines beauty. He loves me just as I am. I am His Princess. I am loved and accepted by Him just as I am. I don't have to be accepted by all. And I certainly don't have to compete with anyone else. My husband loves me, finds me beautiful regardless of the length of my hair. So does my Jesus.

I will be saving that money and using to toward something worthwhile. And I will spend the rest of my Monday not trying to prove that I am something that I am not and live the something that I am.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Amen, sister! You're beautiful just the way you are!

"Don't change a hair for me..." (singing).