Search This Blog

Friday, February 04, 2011

Friday Findings

I am finding that each Friday brings its own challenges as well as rewards. While I look forward to the weekend with my hubby and kids, I am always a little aprehensive of what will take place. Usually, instead of sleeping in on Saturday mornings, my kids are wide awake at 6:00 a.m., despite getting to stay up late. With the winter weather hitting harder on the weekends, we tend to be home-bound and that has a whole new set of problems. Sibling rivalry, parents trying to decide who is to discipline and how, and then the whole interaction can cause some chaos. But, in the mist of the chaos, my Savior shows up with grace and mercy, and is teaching me how to extend some of that to my family. I cherish the moments of Saturday morning cartoons and breakfast. I enjoy our Sunday mornings at church. If I look past the chaos and the interaction, I find Jesus. He is extending His hand and reminding me why I was given this family. I love my kids deeply and am drunk on the love of my husband. The Lord has been good to me and I find that I need more grace over the weekend than usual.
So here is to Fridays, may I be aware of His presences even when I am lost in the shuffle.

No comments: