Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Life on the Beach is no picnic

As I start this new journey on getting healthy, both physically and mentally, I feel the need to blog about it. Not for the world to see, and maybe for only a few who happen by, but for myself. To see that this is not a waste of time or energy and to see that, maybe, I am not alone in this.

Today is day 6 of the South Beach Diet Phase 1. WOW! It is very restrictive and I am struggling hugely with letting go of my carbs and sugars. In tears this morning over it. That is when I realized that dieting, or any other undertaking we do to kick our addictions, it is a mental battle as wells as a physical one. I am on mental attack. Now, there are other circumstances that would bring this on. For one, I am in Celebrate Recovery and we are beginning our moral inventories. (That includes writing all who have hurt us and all we have hurt.) And Bible study on David is hitting a horrible part, with a glimpse into how immoral man can be. But, I believe that Satan is using this one spot to make it all crumble. My issue with food.

I am thankful to have an accountability partner to talk to as well as a wonderful support group of friends and family. BUT, this does not make it any easier. You see, ultimately, it is up to me to make the right choices. Thankfully, I have a Savior who knows what I am going through. He went 40 days with out food, and I am in tears after 6! I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength. That includes this. For I was made to be more than an overcomer. I am a conqueror!!! Through my Saviors strength, I will survive this day. And I will need to ask for it again tomorrow.

Praise Jesus, for HE IS MY SUSTAINER!!!

No comments: